Part One: "So You Want a Woodie"!
A former Athenian sent a question to a few fellow climbers. His message is posted below:
I'm looking to build a woody in my apartment's spare bedroom. Since you guys are seasoned pros at building these hopefully you can help.
I have a space aprox 8'W x 11'L x 9'H to work with. Only condition is it must be free standing, can't mount to any walls or ceiling.
Looking at grabbing the SoIll Bolt-On starter pack to get started.
Looking at a design similar to this:
Thoughts? Must haves?
So, since receiving his email it reignited my interest to add a home wall section to the blog.
After thinking about the topic for a bit I came up with a few questions you will need to ask yourself before beginning your home wall.
- What are my construction capabilities?
- How big is the space you have to work with?
- Can I mount to existing Structures?
- Will the floor structure carry the weight of my Woodie?
- Who is the user group for my woodie?
- What type of budget to I have to work with?
This is just a starting list that will probably grow as we continue this project.
As part of this project I will be constructing a new woodie in my garage. I will try to document the project as much as possible.