This area has been around and known for awhile. It holds some of the earliest climbing trafic, due to it visabilty and location from Ohio University’s campus. The majority of rock and problems on the hill are of some of the first to dry out in the county. There location on top of the hill provides for fast drainage and a few of the problems are on free standing boulder. The area is small but the consentration makes up for it. Contains classics such as; “Key Hole” and “Witches Traverse”.
Witch’s is located on the top of the hill next to Route 33. Take Stimson to the Rt33 East ramp and then turn left on to
If you take the trail on that North side of the road(where your parked) it will take you up onto bong hill. To access witches head toward the off ramp and you will find a steep trail on the other side of the culvert. Take this to the top of the hill where it will start to head in to the woods. The first rock you come to is the line Nintendo Thumb. Be prepared for this steep climb.
This cluster of boulders and cliff-band is known as the front section of Witches.
2. V1Climb the arete to the top.
3. V2 Castles Made of Sand: Climb the broken crack system to better holds.
5. V3 French Press: SDS and work into a shouldery move., then reach for the top.
6. 5.6Climb the wide crack and its sides to the top.
7 V1 Balance Slab.: SUS Climb to the right of the crack and left of arete up the slabby dihedreal.
13. V3 Lip Traverse: SDS on jug and travel left and around the prow.
Printable Overview Map - PDF